Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

I have been pretty happy with the level of feedback I’ve been receiving from my storybook! A lot of people found things I could improve on, or sentences that just didn’t make sense. In my second storybook post (the first real story), I actually asked people where they thought I could cut down on words, and this seemed to drastically increase the amount of feedback people would offer me, not just about the word count but about all elements of the story. I may ask readers for specific feedback in the future, and hopefully this will help me to get more feedback in the future.


I feel okay about my comments out, but I never really know if they help people. I sometimes find it difficult to balance praise and critique. I don’t really know if I need to change or not, so I don’t know how to change. When I see other people’s writing I like, I try my best to apply the things I like about it, but I don’t know if my feedback helps me with that.


I don’t really have a sense of knowing the people in the class (other than my friends who I knew beforehand). I do a much better job with faces than names, so although I can recognize a blog I’ve seen before, I don’t feel like I know the person when I read their content.


I currently don’t want to make any changes to my blog. I’m not super into blogging, so I’m pretty content with a barebones blog. I’m more interested in the writings. I may add some additional content to my storybook to help pull things along, but I haven’t fully decided if I’m going to do that or not.


This feedback cat is probably the one I relate to the most. 
Although I want to get feedback because I think it makes my stories better, I still feel bad when I actually do get it. I constantly have to tell myself that it's okay, and the feedback is helping. 


Image Info 
Discomfort Cat - Feedback Cats



1 comment:

  1. Hey again Nate! I really like the idea of asking for specific feedback in the author’s note. It seems like it was really useful to you, and I think I may try it just to polish my stories that extra little bit. I have also been struggling like you have with finding a balance between praising and critiquing other people’s blogs.

    ReplyDelete