Friday, January 19, 2018

Assignment Impressions

After reading through the class assignments, I am very excited for this class! I have always liked exploring various mythologies, and I know very little about Indian culture in general. The readings and stories will be an excellent way for me to explore that mythology and culture for the first time. Additionally, reading my fellow students' projects and writings will allow me to experience more of the mythology while seeing other people's individual writing styles.

However, I am more excited about the projects and writing homework. I greatly enjoy writing, occasionally writing my own fiction (although I never get very far,) so being in an environment where I can flex my writing skills and, more importantly, where I am forced to continue writing, even when I don't want to, will be both healthy and enjoyable for me.



I can't say I am excited to work on my growth mindset, but I also feel like it will be important work to improve myself as a person. Hopefully I can take advantage of the fact that I can earn extra credit while working on myself, although it will be less enjoyable than writing.

All of that being said, I can't say I'm excited for blogging and commenting. On other forms of social media, I am much more prone to look at other people's content, and I rarely ever comment. I like to enjoy it for what it is and leave it at that. I suppose this is a form of getting out of my comfort zone, but I'm still not looking forward commenting myself.


Image Info
(Writer's Block - Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment