Sunday, January 21, 2018

Class Technology! The future is here!

I am a little excited for some of the new technologies we will be using in class, but the truth is I am pretty familiar with most of those. This is my first time blogging, and I haven't designed a website before, but other than those two, I have experience with the rest of the tools. I can't say I'm super excited to learn blogging: it isn't my first choice of go to social media. That being said, I am interested in learning to publish a website for some of my own personal projects. My girlfriend Carlie and I have been designing a custom playing board for the game Settlers of Catan using the laser printer at the Innovation Hub, so I have a decent amount of experience with image editing, graphics creation, and bookmarking. This is a side by side of a card that comes with the original game and the engraved wood design we made ourselves.




I am not (yet) familiar with many of the websites we will be using for the class. Although I am overly familiar with google docs (so many group projects...) I don't know much about Twitter or custom wiki pages, and I haven't even heard of most of the other websites! Fortunately, I am quite familiar with bookmarking, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out when and where to use those websites. I always look forward to adding tools to my repertoire.

Image Information
(Custom Largest Army Card - photo taken on my phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment