Saturday, April 21, 2018

Growth Mindset: Looking Back, and Looking Forward

This class was the first time I ever heard about the growth mindset, and it really rang true with me. I definitely felt like a victim, as if I had been thrown into a bad mindset. Now, I'm trying my best to move out of that mindset. I feel as if I've improved a lot since the beginning of the semester and I feel a lot better about myself. 

One of the areas I struggle with is understanding that failure is a natural part of life and helps us grow. I saw this growth mindset post, and thought it was comical but also insightful
F ailure
I s
S uccess's
H erald

I like this because it is something that needs to be remembered, and the idea of an insightful fish will probably not be forgotten any time soon.





Another post I saw was this one
GROWTH PARTNERS
We need to partner with people instead of viewing roles as rigid and defined. For example, the classes that I feel have been most beneficial are those classes where I gained the professor as a mentor, a guide, and a friend as opposed to a disseminator of information. However, this requires the professor to see me as more than a student in a class, and for me to see them as  more than someone paid to impart knowledge.

This is definitely a different mindset for me. Although I gained the respect of many teachers and I think they respect me, I definitely view them in the teacher mindset more than the friend mindset. I will have to try my best to make use of this mindset in my last few weeks at OU.


Image Information
Failure - Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment